Saturday 11 February 2012

How to pray without ceasing


Pray without ceasing?



I trust this finds you well, and as many of us do you may have begun your year by seeking God’s face by prayer and fasting. During this time I was listened to a sermon by Pastor Joel Beeke about prayer. He said many things that I found fundamental, yet there was one part which I felt I had to seek the Lord on and share it with all, which was his reference to “praying without ceasing.”



I have no doubt that every believer in Christ has heard or read something in reference to that scripture. 1Thessalonians 5:16-19 says, “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks: for this is the will of God towards you. Quench not the spirit;…”



Many have heard this scripture some have been taught from it, yet it is very few that actually know what this means in practice, in our day-to-day lives. One day there was a group of minister including John Newton, who were discussion the subject of praying with ceasing. After a while one of them turned to a lady who was serving and said, “Maybe you know.” she replied,” Sir, that’s really easy…when I get up in the morning and clothe myself I pray that I may be clothed with the righteousness of God, when I serve you bread I pray that Jesus might be my bread of life, when I dust the furniture I pray that filth may be taken out of my heart, when I set before you your drink I pray that Jesus might be the water of life, I just kind of pray through my day like that.”



“The greatest tragedy is we often see prayer as an appendix to our works, rather than the very foundation.”-J.Beeke.



A day in prayer:



As you wake up---Pray that as the sun rises, may your praises rise with it

As you bath------Ask that the Lord cleans your heart as you clean your body

As you eat----Ask that the Lord feeds your soul as you feed your body

As you travel---Ask that the Lord moves with you, and go on ahead of you

As you drink----Ask that the Lord quenches you with living water

When hungry---Ask that the Lord builds in you a hunger for the bread of life…this list is endless; there is a prayer for each moment of your day.





Pray through every single thing that you do. As I was getting ready to write this article God pressed these words onto my heart. “A Christian should be like a catapult, the devil should be afraid to pull, or hold you back because the longer he holds you and the further back he pulls you only means the faster and further you’ll move forward when released.” I know the devil has at some point held you back, don’t let that hold you down…rather hunger for that place that God has set aside for you. Prayer is not about the right words; rather the right heart…then the words will follow.





I want to take this moment to thank you for reading this article, kindly pass it forward to any and all believers. Your involvement is the key to your call…I encourage you to pray without ceasing. Remember good prayer never comes weeping home; you’ll either receive what you were asking for, or what you were supposed to be asking for in the first place. Someone said, “It was the angel that fetched Peter from prison, but it was prayer that fetched the angel.” Take a moment to follow or join this blog, to have access to more articles. Tell a friend about it. May the good Lord meet you as you seek him.

 Get this document as a word.doc here

With love



Street Preacher



Where’s the finger of God this February?

February 13: Christian Rapper Json releases much anticipated album “Growing Pains”



February 14: Christian Rapper iLLCeey releases much awaited EP                              “Legacy”_www.illceeyonline.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for you comment.

Be advised, all comments are moderated before being published.